For a daily look at Temple Baptist School, go to our Facebook page. You can easily access it by clicking on the Facebook icon located under the photo (bottom left) of this page. We have photos, interviews, video clips, articles, humorous postings, and general school information all the time. There's a brief promo video, too. But then, look below!
(Caution: Supremely whimsical)
TWO HOUR DELAY on January 22 because of the exteme cold weather.
* Students are to arrive at two hours later than the normal start time.
* Morning care begins at 9:00 a.m. (instead of 7:00 a.m.)
* K3 and K4 classes are cancelled (If signed up for monthly daycare, three and four year olds may come to school - just delay the time 2 hours)
* High school students will have a 2 hr delay amended schedule with no Bible first hour.
Re-enrollment Begins January 16. Forms will be sent via e-mail. New enrollment? February 1.
NEW REGISTRATION for 2019-2020
Friday, February 1, 2019 7:00 a.m.
TBS is moving?
True. We just don't know when. Plans are to move to Ashburn. Our current buildings are paid for and we have land - and we wait for God's timing. The idea is to move to a new location where we can expand. We have simply outgrown our Herndon location.
Closings and Delays Policy
In the event of a weather-related school closing or delay, the school follows the policy of Fairfax County. If the county calls for a closing or a two hour delay, we do as well. A closing means we are not open for the entire day; there is no day care. A two hour delay means that school will start exactly two hours from the normal start time. It also means there is NO SCHOOL for K3 and K4 students. [If students in K3 and K4 have signed up for daycare, they may attend for daycare, but should arrive two hours past their normal arrival.] Instead of a 8:00, 8:15, and 8:30 start times we will have a 10:00, 10:15, and 10:30 start time, depending on the grade level. It is important that parents check in advance to avoid a trip to the school when we are closed. (This actually happens quite a bit. Best to check.)
Even though we follow Fairfax County, we will still communicate what we are doing in the following order.
1. We will send out an e-mail using Gradelink.
2. We will post on the school’s Facebook page.
3. We will post on the school website.