A Brief History of TBS

Temple Baptist Church began as a ministry on October 19, 1975 when a small congregation met at Herndon High School. Eventually, the church grew in numbers and purchased a six acre plot on Dranesville Road adjacent to the high school.


(Note: The  adjacent photo from the 1970's is looking north on Dranesville Road. The old farmhouse originally was used to house teachers in the early days... believe it or not.)


Ten years later, Temple Baptist School was founded as ministry of the church. The goal was to provide a Christian education to the families of church members and others of like faith. 


In 1989, the church voted to call Pastor David Pittman to be the pastor of TBC. The vision for the church and school changed dramatically as a result of Dr. Pittman's dynamic leadership. The school began to develop a reputation for academic excellence and a warm spiritual atmosphere for grades K3 through 6th grade.  Parents asked the school to expand and in 1999, Dr. Sam Dalton came on board to help build the high school. Our first graduating class was in May of 2001.


In September of 2006, TBS was accredited by the North American Christian School Accrediting Agency (NACSAA), an organization approved by the Virginia Council of Private Education. (VCPE).


Currently, the school is "accredited with distinction." We will take it!. 


We look to the future at a new location in Ashburn, Virginia. (Loudoun County) The target date for moving to a new campus is unknown;  we wait on God's timing.

Temple Baptist School

1545 Dranesville Rd

Herndon, Virginia 20170

703-437-7400

Accredited through NACSAA